Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Sheila!!

This is a fun glittery card I made for a friend's birthday.  I really like this technique.

Another go at burnished velvet (aka glitter puzzle)  This is so sparkly.   I just got my order of Stampin' Up! super fine glitter.  I should have made a swatch of each color before I started, because it's very hard to decide what colors to put together.  They are not exact matches to Stampin' Up's colors, so I found it challenging.  When I first put the colors together, I was a little unsure.  But once I introduced the card stock, it came together quite nicely.

I used the Fine Cosmos glitter set; Rose Pink, Celery and Turquoise.
Card stock is Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White.
Quilt pattern was taken off the Internet from a free pattern site and is called Pieced Star.

They are a lot of fun to make; takes a little prep time and clean up after each color so you don't contaminate your glitter pots!

Cindy

+++++

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is such a fun card!!! I love the sparkles!!!